Many thanks to all those who stopped by our booth at Artisanal L.A. this weekend to talk about school food, community and school gardens, possibilities for upcoming events… We had an exhausting but very productive two days, and we’re already in the process of following up on many of the great suggestions and ideas we picked up from our conversations.
Thanks are also due to
- Magical Blooms (soon to open in Santa Monica Place) for helping to make our booth more welcoming with their flowers;
- Craig and Gary of Winnetka Farms for plants and advice on growing several spectacular Italian vegetable varities;
- Christian Page and his colleagues at Daily Dose, opening later this month in downtown L.A., for their out-of-this-world veggie sandwiches (Elina Shatkin talked with them about their philosophy and plans];
- Mud Baron for introducing us to a few of the inspiring students from Santee High’s Bistro Mundo culinary arts program (more on that soon);
- and to Shawna Dawson and her Artisanal LA/Sauce LA team who coordinated the event and who made it possible for us and other community organizations to participate.