Please join Slow Food Los Angeles at a special dinner pairing Modern Spirits vodka with food from Grace Restaurant and Chef Neal Fraser:
When: Monday, September 12, 2005 at 7:00pm
Where: Grace Restaurant, 7360 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles. (Map)
Cost: $75.00 per person; $65.00 per person for designated drivers
To reserve your place: Please call Grace directly at 323.934.4400. A credit card may be required to hold the reservation.
Menu created by Chef Fraser:
- Fluke sashimi with micro shiso, candied grapefruit, tempura uni, and white soy. Paired with Celery Peppercorn vodka.
- Lobster cavetelli with Maine lobster, cavetelli pasta, chanterelle mushrooms, and peas. Paired with Black Truffle vodka.
- Oven roasted La Belle farms duck breast with purple Thai sticky rice, baby bok choy, and kumquat chili sauce. Paired with Tea vodka.
- Pear sorbet with chestnut honey-roasted dates, Asian pears, and brown sugar cookies. Paired with Candied Ginger vodka.
- Chocolate steamed pudding and warmed chocolate truffles with candied ginger snaps. Paired with Chocolate Orange vodka
Handmade in Los Angeles by the husband and wife team of Melkon Khosrovian and Litty Mathew, Modern Spirits vodkas are made in small batches using an artisanal infusion method to create a drink good enough to sip and pair with meals. Learn more about Modern Spirits vodka at their web site.
Neal Fraser is the rare chef who creates food that is both inventive and soulful. He has worked at many restaurants in Los Angeles including Checkers, Spago, Pinot Bistro, and Rix. He was also chef and co-owner of Boxer. Chef Fraser is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. Learn more about Grace Restaurant at their web site.